'Prescription Dream' - Voice of Aiko
CGL’s RESTproject has provided essential support services for people experiencingdependence and withdrawal from benzodiazepines for the past 30 years. Duringthis time the service has helped thousands of individuals to safely reducefrom minor tranquillisers and sleeping pills. We empower service users to get their voices heard. We maximise choices about whether to stabilise,reduce or withdraw from benzodiazepines.
- Those wishing to reduce are given information, encouragement and support to do so as comfortably as possible.
- We educate people who may come across the problem of benzodiazepine dependency, towards an understanding of the difficulties caused by the drug’s action and the compounding of those problems in withdrawal.
- We liaise with the services involved in the prescribing of benzodiazepines.
- We are user focused and provide a variety of different services, aiming to meet service user needs including:
- Advice and information
- Peer support group
- CGL’s Recovery Groups
- Drama, art and dance therapy
- Complementary therapies
- Support for family members and partners
- We are open to adults living in Camden or Islington having problems with their useof benzodiazepines.
'Prescription Dream' is the collaboration of charities REST (Change Grow Live) & APRIL with artistic collective Voice of Aiko. Our aim is to raise awareness and open dialogue on this important issue using the power of art. The campaign included a series of musical workshops with Let’s All Create for people who have been affected. Voice of Aiko is grateful to be supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. Find out more at: www.VoiceofAiko.com
You need to login to vote for your favourite videos.
Login using your existing social media account:
Register by email
If you don’t have an account, please register using the form below.
Why are we asking you to register to vote?
This helps us to stop voting abuse and also enables us to communicate the short-list and winners to everyone who voted later on. We will not pass this information on to anyone else.
If you have an account, please login using the form below or click here if you have forgotten your password.
Supported byTweets by CharityFilm_
Promote - Donate - Celebrate
Increased exposure for charity video content
Donations made directly to good causes throughout the campaign
Celebrating the success of film in fundraising