Clair's Story - what happened when my brain caught fire
When Clair woke up in hospital after falling ill with encephalitis, she had no idea that the people by her bedside were her mum and dad.
Four years on from that devastating diagnosis, she still needs to look at a photograph of her parents after waking each morning so she can remember who they are.
Encephalitis is an often life-changing brain condition, described as feeling like your brain is on fire. It has high death rates but 78% of people have not heard of it, yet it is more common in many countries that Motor Neurone Disease, bacterial meningitis, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis.
Awareness of encephalitis is low and voting for Clair will mean that more people know that encephalitis is brain inflammation and that #encephalitismatters.
You need to login to vote for your favourite videos.
Login using your existing social media account:
Register by email
If you don’t have an account, please register using the form below.
Why are we asking you to register to vote?
This helps us to stop voting abuse and also enables us to communicate the short-list and winners to everyone who voted later on. We will not pass this information on to anyone else.
If you have an account, please login using the form below or click here if you have forgotten your password.
Supported byTweets by CharityFilm_
Promote - Donate - Celebrate
Increased exposure for charity video content
Donations made directly to good causes throughout the campaign
Celebrating the success of film in fundraising