Terms and Conditions
The Charity Film Awards are administered and organised by For Good Events Ltd.
- The awards are open to charities within the UK that are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, OSCR or the Charity Commission for NI or a UK registered Community Interest Community (CIC)
- Nominations can be made by a charity/CIC, an agency or a fan. The organiser reserves the right to reject any entrant that is deemed inappropriate.
- If the nomination has not been made by the charity/CIC then the organiser will inform the charity/CIC of the nomination and the charity will retain the right to remove the entry should it wish to.
- The organiser will categorise the films according to the latest annual financial turnover reports as publicly published by the appropriate charity commission/companies house.
- Each category is open to videos or films broadcast/released between 30 September 2018 and 30 September 2019 and those entering the awards warrant that each video entered was completed and released for viewing between those dates.
- Entries must be made by completing the entry form on the awards website (www.charityfilmawards.com) before the deadline of 5pm (GMT) on 15 October 2019.
- Following an approval process each entry submitted will be open to a public vote. Public voting is expected to commence on 1 October 2019 and end 1 December 2019 (please note these dates are subject to change). There will be technical restrictions in place to prevent repetitive voting from one source. The top 10 voted for films within each category will then be subjected to judging by our expert panel. The vote counts will not be released to the judges until after their votes are cast. Afterwards we will release this information to the independent judging panel for auditing purposes only. The entrants will not be given access to this information.
- Winning entries will be those which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the panel of judges, best meet the judging criteria. we have a large pool of varied professionals within the judging panel to avoid bias. Any judge, with any personal interest or in any way related to a category will not be able to cast a vote for that category.
- The judges’ decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced and receive their trophy at the awards ceremony. There will be no prior disclosure. Shortlisted winners will be notified in advance and offered complimentary tickets to attend. Winners who are not present at the ceremony will be contacted to arrange collection or delivery of their trophy after the event. Duplicate trophies will be available at a charge .
- If the awards ceremony is abandoned, cancelled or suspended in whole or in part by reason of war, fire, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lockout, civil disturbance, inevitable accident, the non-availability of the venue premises, or any other cause not within the control of the organisers whether ejusdem generis or not, the organisers shall be under no obligation to compensate participants in any way with associated costs (e.g. hotel accommodation, pre-paid travel expenses etc). The organisers reserve the right to change the venue and/or timing of the awards ceremony or the awards format at any time.
- The organiser is For Good Events Ltd (company number 10222956).
Please note these terms and conditions are subject to change.
Supported byTweets by CharityFilm_
Promote - Donate - Celebrate
Increased exposure for charity video content
Donations made directly to good causes throughout the campaign
Celebrating the success of film in fundraising